The Blog of Bill.

Bill Camarata types to you with musings that might actually mean something to him, and you, too! Jandek reviews. Music He's listening to, and making as well. Technology opinions. Read it because it's there.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Records Purchased at the Record Show 4/22/12

This was the 100th show for Record Roundup at the American Legion Hall in Fairview Park. Here's what I bought:
Alex Bevan & Friends: Simple Things Done Well (1981)
Yes: 90125 (1st pressing with lyric sleeve, there was several copies of blank sleeves - this one cut by RL=Bob Ludwig)
Yes: 2 Originals of (Yes & Time And A Word two-fer)
Rush: All The World's A Stage
Michael Jackson: Off The Wall
James Brown plays James Brown: Today and Yesterday
Donald Fagen: The Nightfly
The Band: The Band (red Capitol label)
Stan Getz/Luiz Bonfa:Jazz Samba Encore!(Verve)
Mel Hanke: Dig
Van Morrison: Tupelo Honey
Various: Great Hits Of The 60's
Various:WIXY 1260 Super Oldies
John Lennon: Mind Games
John Lennon: Rock & Roll
Glass Harp: Self-titled(on Decca)
Thin Lizzy: Jailbreak
Cannonball Adderley Quintet: Inside Straight
Oscar Peterson/Milt Jackson/Ray Brown/Louis Hayes: Reunion Blues
Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks: Strikin' It Rich

Enough! Now watch this to find out more about yesterday - Record Store Day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeAJZsZYYqw

2 Comments:

  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I wonder if you could give me any advice on selling or getting rid of a stash of old 33 1/3 collectible records that are from the early 60s to late 90s. Im in south Louisiana Denham Springs area.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger colourzone said…

    Bill just saw your review video for that affordable record cleaning unit (yellow plastic one).
    Anyway I am a first generation Club Dj and have lived around vinyl all my life at least professionally since 1978.
    I have about 2000 records from the soul and disco era I cherish very much and always try to improve my digital transfers of these records. I was never an audiophile per say but I am trying to find that solution that will preserve my records in the digital medium without having to play them more than I have to. Anyway I appreciate all your advice and help over the years on the subject and I am considering either buying the unit you reviewed or building my own with a vacuum pump system...it all depends on how brave I get after a few tequilas.
    My Blog is www.colourzonevinylremasters.blogspot.com
    Cheers and have a nice day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home